Custom Search

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Keep Your Lettuce Fresh



Don't you just hate it when you just bought (or thought you did) that head of lettuce (or was it that fresh) I can tell you that it is one of my pet peeves. I really do not care for it when things like this happen. The next time perhaps you could and I know I will try a few tips that I found here while searching the www

Remove all the lettuce leaves and place them in a big bowl or salad spinner.
Pour 1 cup of vinegar in the bowl or spinner and fill the rest with water.
Gently mix the lettuce, water and vinegar around and let soak for a few minutes.
Drain the vinegar-water solution and rinse the lettuce thoroughly in water.
Spin dry if using a salad spinner. If not, transfer lettuce to a colander and shake off excess water.
Lay out and air dry the lettuce on a clean counter, dish towel or paper towels until completely dry.
Place the lettuce in a gallon plastic zip bag along with a paper towel.
squeeze all air out of the bag and refrigerate.

she also offered the tip to
I also like to take several dried lettuce leaves, chop or shred it up and store in a smaller 1-quart plastic zip bag with half a sheet of paper towel for grab-and-go chopped or shredded lettuce. Perfect for tacos, salads, burritos, subs and so much more!

shared at
Fluster Buster
Tuesdays with a twist
the mommy club
be awesome party

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post