Custom Search

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Apple and Cheddar Quick Bread


Ladies you may want to keep this recipe close this fall. Its for a delicious apple and cheddar quick bread that will make any one smile. A quick recipe for all those fall nights when the weather is so nice you hate to come in. On those busy school nights when you need something quick to take to an evening event remember this delicious recipe




apple & cheddar quick bread

 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
2 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3/4 c milk + 2 T
1/3 c canola oil
1 egg
2 T brown sugar
1 c finely diced apples
1 c strong cheddar cheese, grated
3 T cheddar cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 400F. Prep your 8×4 loaf pan* by lightly greasing it with butter and then use a mixture of cornmeal and flour to dust the insides with – about a spoonful of each should do. Shake out any excess and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk everything together. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together the milk, oil, egg and brown sugar until well blended. Pour in the diced apples and stir in the flour mixture. Add in the cheese in 3 handfuls – stirring between each addition. Dump the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top of the bread and cook for 10 minutes longer until the cheese melts and the bread is cooked all the way through – use a wooden skewer in the middle of the loaf to test doneness.

shared at
Creativity Unleashed
craft frenzy Friday
fancy this Friday
morsels of life
foodie Friday
simple living and eating
 the pin junkie
Friday unfolded
inspiration party
lets get real
Inspire me please
two cup tuesday

7 comments:

  1. This looks like a FANTASTIC recipe - I must try it when I get more Ontario apples! Thank you for linking up at Let's Get Real this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had this before...must try...your bread looks amazing!!

    Pinning it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love apples and cheddar together! I can't wait to try this:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quick bread recipe with the apples and cheddar. Thanks for sharing with Foodie Friends Friday party this weekend. I've pinned/shared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted you to know that your recipe is being featured today on Weekend Bites (formally Foodie Friday). I will be pinning and tweeting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of apples and cheddar cheese together
    It sounded soooooooo weird to me that......just had to try
    I baked it yesterday and it's GOOD !!
    Still weird (hehehe) but I LIKE IT

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post