Custom Search

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Peanut Cashew Candy Cups

Peanut Cashew Candy Cups

My husband has always loved chocolate covered nuts. My mother in law admired cashews they both would have loved these and I am sure would have left none behind.


This candy is made, oddly enough, in a crockpot! I received my first crockpot after I got engaged to my hubby a few years ago, from one of my best friends. She is a crockpot genius, and I had little, if any experience using one before. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting better at the mastery of crockpot cooking! So turn on your crockpot and get ready for a batch of sweet and salty candy cups!



9 oz semisweet chocolate baking squares
3 oz unsweetened chocolate baking squares
1 lb and 8 oz vanilla almond bark
10 oz milk chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
16 oz dry roasted peanuts
9 oz salted cashew pieces

Turn the crockpot on low and put all the chocolate in and cover. After one hour, uncover and stir well. Return the lid and let sit for 20 minutes. Then remove lid and stir. This time add the peanuts and cashews. Return the lid and let cook for another 20 minutes. Remove lid and stir. Using a small cookie scoop, fill mini cupcake liners with the warm chocolate mixture. Then wait about half an hour to let the chocolate fully set up.
recipe resource here

1 comment:

  1. Those look tasty! I never would've guessed they were made in a crockpot.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post