Custom Search

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Trifle Cake

I so remember these little sponge cakes from my childhood My parents had their own strawberry patch and when they were ready to eat we celebrated with these little sponge cakes topped with strawberry goodness and oh my don't forget the whip cream. This recipe from Rachael Ray offers a bit of a different taste but oh my the same great goodness.
 
 
 
 
1 bag frozen mixed berries
1/4 cup orange or almond liqueur
4 (3-inch) packaged individual sponge cakes, available on baking aisle
2 ounces, 1/4 cup, sliced almonds
In a saucepan, heat the frozen berries with the orange liqueur until the berries are warmed. Place the individual cakes on separate plates and top with berry mixture. Sprinkle the nuts on top and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Delicious - love trifle and love these flavours - especially the almond liqueur! Saying bonjour from http://detoutcoeurlimousin.blogspot.fr/ via create with joy. Happy 2015

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post