Custom Search

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Crockpot Pulled Pork

I love my crockpot On days where I am gone, hot summer days when I don't want to stay inside to cook, cold winter days where I would rather cuddle than to cook and long work days where I have no time to cook. I am always looking for new ideas and recipes to use my crockpot with as well. I love to prepare pulled pork in the crockpot and have did it many different ways. It normally depends on what I have on hand as I don't want to run out to the store if I don't have to. I am known to scan the meat department each time I am there to see what is on sale and where I can get the most out of my money. When roast are on sale I often purchase them as there are lots of ways to prepare them.


BBQ Pulled Pork



Source: here


1 package boneless pork ribs or 2-3 lb. pork shoulder
BBQ sauce (I use regular Sweet Baby Rays and some Open Pit)
1 TBSP liquid smoke
1 can of coke (optional)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt to taste
Desired toppings: pickles, cole slaw, potato chips, etc.


1. Season the meat with Lawry's and place into crock pot (if you have crock pot liners I'd suggest using them).

2. Cover the meat with BBQ sauce. Add the can of coke and the liquid smoke. I sometimes mix some BBQ sauce with about 1 cup of water and add that as well. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-5 hours.

3. Once cooked and falling apart, drain the liquid into a measuring cup or bowl. Shred the pork with two forks and add some liquid back in to keep the pork moist. I also add some BBQ sauce at this point and mix it in. Whatever you do, DON'T over sauce your pork!! You can always add more sauce when it's on your bun.

4. Pile pulled pork on a bun and top with your desired toppings! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post