Custom Search

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dog Days of Summer Cupcakes

When the temperature goes up in the 90s to 100s and Princess starts asking me to fix it because after all "nana I am hot" is all that she can say. We turn to each other and know that we are in the dog days of summer. So what can we do about it?? I believe I will make up a batch of these cupcakes to see what that will do for her

Regular Nutter Butter cookies
Mini Vanilla Wafers
Wilton Eyes
(the photo I saw had taken a miniature marshmallow and cut in half and put a dollop of frosting for eye, but I thought this was easier)

Mini M&M's - these are NOT in bags, they come in a tube & at Walmart by the register

Instructions Bake your cupcakes & let them cool.  While that is going on make the frosting, I used the frosting recipe off of the Hershey's unsweetened cocoa can.  The "mouth, nose link" is the only tricky part and I can save you some time and money by telling you to NOT buy the can of frosting with the different tips on the top of the can - it does not work unless you want all your little cupcakes to resemble Adolf Hitler doggies.  I was just trying to save a little time (code for I was being lazy).  Soooooo, I made one cup of Royal icing using Wilton meringue powder and I used Spectrum soft gel paste chocolate brown to tint the Royal icing and I also added some to the Hershey's icing to make it darker.  If you do not have this gel would highly recommend that you get a box with an assortment of colors.  I think it is the absolute best for food coloring that looks authentic. I used a #2 tip in my piping bag for the "mouth, nose link."  I did not pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes because you do not want lots of frosting, I just used a spoon''

recipe source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post