Custom Search

Friday, July 10, 2015

Ultimate Baked Beans

July has many food holidays one of which I would consider one of my favorite picnic / cook out foods of all times. I loved baked beans for a long time and while I make mine many different ways I can say that the following recipe from the blog Kevin and Amanda is one that I think any bacon and bean lover would want to try. With the amount of bacon packed into this casserole and oh my that delicious baked bean flavor as well it is one that needs to be tried. Head over there and you can find a great step by step tutorial as well. Hope you all enjoy!!



  • 2 (15 oz) cans Van Camps pork & beans
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 pkg lipton onion soup mix
  • ½ cup water
  • ½ cup ketchup
  • ½ cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp prepared mustard
  • 1 tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
  • 1 lb mostly cooked bacon
Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients except bacon together and spread in a 9x13 dish. Top with cooked bacon. Cover with aluminum foil and bake covered for 30 mins, then uncovered for 15 mins.
Notes
Makes one 9x13 dish.

shared at
foodie Friday
inspiration board
make my saturday sweet

4 comments:

  1. I love baked beans. This recipe sounds really good. Going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean I believe we had baked beans when we were kids because they were so very affordable and this recipe has so much going for it I hope you try and enjoy

      Delete
  2. I love making baked beans. I make a dish and eat it all week as no one else likes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a large family and a few of them here don't like baked beans either but I sure do lol

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post