Custom Search

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Toasted Coconut Twigs

I found this on a facebook group Recipes of Days gone by. It is a great group since I love vintage recipes both to cook and eat. I grew up in an era that many would consider a vintage era. LOL. This is a recipe that I had personally never made or ate before but it is definitely on the list to make and try now. Hope you enjoy.

Toasted Coconut Twigs




1/2 loaf white sandwich bread
1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 (12-ounce) bag shredded coconut

Preheat oven to 300 degrees and grease a sheet pan. Trim crust off and cut bread into 1-inch strips. Pour milk into a shallow pan; empty coconut onto a plate or on top of a sheet of waxed paper.
Take strips of bread; roll in milk and then roll in coconut. Place coated strips on sheet pan. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until coconut begins to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer macaroons with a spatula to waxed paper on plate or counter to allow it to cool.

shared at
BFF open house

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post