Custom Search

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Easy Peasy Mixed Bean Salad

EASY PEASY MIXED BEAN SALAD



1 can cannellini beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can chickpeas
(Please note that ANY beans of your choice may be used!)
1 tin of sweetcorn
1 medium red onion
Handful of fresh parsley
Handful of fresh coriander
Some sweet red pepper (I used ones from a jar as I didn’t have any fresh and this worked really well but I’m sure fresh would be good too!)
Handful spring onions
2-4 cloves of garlic
Sprinkle of paprika
Olive oil (a good swish)
White wine vinegar (start with 2 tablespoons)
Juice of half a lime

In essence just mix all of the above into a large mixing bowl! In terms of the olive oil, just add a good swish to the bean/sweetcorn/pepper/herb mix to coat. Don’t drown in oil of course otherwise it won’t end up being very healthy but just add a swish of oil then the white wine vinegar and lime juice and taste and adjust to your liking.
I added paprika but you don’t “have” to.
I used 2 garlic cloves so as not to offend anyone I might see that day with my garlic breath but you can add more of course.
Once you are happy with your bean mix refrigerate for a few hours before serving to allow the beans to soak up the flavour of the dressing. My other half couldn’t wait for a few hours so we did have a serving straightaway and it tasted very nice- if you have time to refrigerate it just adds to the flavour.
This amount (using 3 tins of beans) does last for a few lunches so if you don’t want to be eating beans for days then you could halve the amount of beans used. We loved this so much though that we were happy to have it for a few days in a row.

shared here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post