Custom Search

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Bacon wrapped jalapeno pe[[ers

  • 1 pound jalapeno peppers
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheese Cheddar or Mexican blend
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle powder
  • 1 to 2 pounds bacon
  • Cut the peppers (I used 20 peppers) in half and clean out the seeds. You can leave some seeds in it for a spicer popper. I used a spoon to get the seeds and white flesh out.
    • Mix all the ingredients in a food processor to combine smoothly then stuff into peppers.
    • Wrap one whole piece of bacon around each pepper, making sure to cover all the cheese so that it does not ooze out while baking.

    • Bake @ 375 degrees for (now here is the tricky part) 15 minutes is what the recipe said.
    ***Make sure you read the complete post before making***

       photo 16_zpsa6a1793b.jpg  photo 14_zps97d05f7f.jpg  photo 15_zps19a5b6ad.jpg  photo 13_zps13e4fbdb.jpg  photo 12_zps65e2354d.jpg  photo 11_zpsaa707a30.jpg

    Here is what I think! They tasted great but were not spicy enough for me. You could either leave some of the seeds in it, Which next time I will chop some of them up and add to the cheese before stuffing the peppers. This is what they looked like after I baked them for the 15 minutes. Ugg, not near done!!

     photo 1_zps5b3ab68a.jpg 
    So I baked them for another 10 minutes and all the cheese was just cooking out of them and the bacon still wasn't done. Ugg! So I drained the grease off the pan and threw them under the broiler and just kept turning them until they were done.

     photo 18_zps547fa9af.jpg  

    • Would I fix these again? Yes, I definitely would.
    • What would I do differently? I would chill the stuffed peppers before I wrapped them with the bacon that I warmed up in the microwave first. I would try anything to keep all the cheese from oozing out of the peppers while the bacon was cooking.

    •  Another idea: I thought I would also mix all the ingredients up, including chopping the peppers up and baking it in a dish and using it as a hot dip for chips. I would cook the bacon extra crispy and crumble it in the dip after I baked it so that it stayed a little crispy. I think that would be really yummy also.
    shared at

    1 comment:

    I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post