Custom Search

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Help The Birds


While the weather is getting warmer I must remind all of us that it is still winter time. The birds do not have the capability to find all their food on their own and so we must help out little winged friends.To help your bird friends you will need a toilet paper roll, peanut butter and bird seed. Your bird friends will love you for their new treat. 

Make sure to remove all of the excess paper that may be stuck to your toilet paper roll.  Take a butter knife or spoon and spread peanut butter over the entire outside of the toilet paper roll.  It doesn’t have to be overly thick, but enough for seed to stick.
Once you have the roll completely covered pour your bird seed into a dinner plate.  Begin to roll the peanut butter covered toilet paper roll across the bird seed in the plate.  Hold the inside of the roll in order to avoid peanut buttered fingers!  Once the roll is covered you can roll with your hands to try to fill all of the holes.  When you are happy with the outcome simply slip your Bird Feeder over a tree branch or string yarn through the middle of the roll and tie to a branch. 

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I think I will do this tomorrow. Thank you, Annie :) Btw, this is Lori from over at As the Fates Will Have It on WordPress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice hearing from you. I am heading over to visit you as well. I hope the birds are happy where you are I am sure this will be a treat to them

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post