Custom Search

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Cheesy Crunchy Chicken Breasts Its Whats for Supper

My grandkids love the shaped macaroni and cheese mixes. So when I was looking for something to fix with their favorite food I located a cheesy chicken recipe.

Cheesy Crunchy Chicken Breasts
1 c cornflakes, crushed
1 c Mexican blend shredded cheese
1/4 c butter, melted
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 350°F. 

Mix cornflakes and cheese in a 9x5" loaf pan.

Dip chicken breasts in the melted butter and roll them in the cornflake/cheese mixture.

Didn't I say the breasts were humongous? 


Place breaded breasts in a lightly greased 9x13" baking dish. 

Monster breaded breasts in a 9x13" dish. 


Bake in the preheated oven 30-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. 



Cost:

  • milk, 1/2 gal: $2.50
  • chicken breasts, boneless, skinless: @ $1.97/lb = $8.69
There were five breasts in the package, 3 I cooked (and 2 I froze) which makes this meal about $7.71 which was enough for 3 people with a cooked breast leftover.  We ate all of the Spiderman pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post