Custom Search

Monday, October 16, 2017

My Family

This week celebrate your family. It is a day to brag a bit about your family during My Family Week. International Early Years trainer, author and consultant Laura Henry is the name behind the act. Laura has worked with children and families for three decades and has recently focused on what the word family means to others.




Divorce and single parenting has become common in modern day but years ago this was not the case. Today's world still places a stigma on certain types of 'non-conventional' families. This has a lot to do with where others believe they belong in society. While every family is unique sometimes the part that makes them unique makes others see them as a lower value. Laura Henry wants the differences to be celebrated. Thus the creation of My Family Week 2017.



This is my daughters family She is a single mom trying her best to work a full time job and raise her 2 little sweet hearts. Me and Papa are of course doing our best to help out and loving every moment of it


This is my middle daughter and her husband, now of 3 years. They are a family of their own and while they would love to start a family have done so as of yet.




My son and his family. Once upon there was this beautiful girl who loved a boy very much. They dated a while in high school then split up and each went their own way. Few years pass before my son sees the girl on face-book. He thought about it and then contacted her to see how she had been. Seems that she had been married, divorced and had a child as well. This did not bother my son who had been raised with love and to be nonjudgmental. They talked for a while and then decided to meet up. Now a few years later and they are a married couple and my son is raising the little boy as his own son. This happy family makes this mama smile.


This is just 3 stories in my very large family . I could go on and on but for this post I think I will stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post