Custom Search

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Pickled Hot Pepper Rings






  • 4 cups chopped hot peppers (about 1 pound)
  • 2 cups red wine vinegar
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons pickling salt

  1. 1.
    Prepare a small canning pot and 2 pint jars. Place 2 new lids in a small pot of water and bring to the barest simmer.
  2. 2.
    Combine vinegar, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
  3. 3.
    When brine is boiling, add pepper rings and stir to submerge. 
  4. 4.
    As soon as the brine returns to a boil, remove the pot from the heat.
  5. 5.
    Funnel peppers into jars and top off with brine, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
  6. 6.
    Tap jars gently to remove any trapped air bubbles. If necessary, add more brine to return the headspace to 1/2 inch.
  7. 7.
    Wipe rims, apply lids and rings and process jars in a boiling water bath canner for 10 minutes (start your timer when the water returns to a boil, not when the jars first go in).
  8. 8.
    When time is up, remove jars from canner and let cool on a folded kitchen towel.
  9. 9.
    When jars are cool enough to handle, remove rings and test seals by grasping edges of lids and carefully lifting jars. If lids hold fast, seals are good.
  10. 10.
    Store jars in a cool, dark place. They are ready to eat with in 48 hours, but can be kept up to one year.
    shared at amaze me monday   Dare To Share


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot pepper rings give such a good flavor to so many things. I haven't tried them pickled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pickled hot pepper rings are something my grandmother always did when I was a kid. I always thought it was an Italian thing. My family loves them and I will have to make these for them. They would make great gift ideas to for Christmas. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pickled hot pepper rings!? This is what I've been looking for. My friend gave me this before and it's totally delicious. I will absolutely try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post